Winter 2013 Sessions (4-week sessions)
- Session 1: March 31 - April 27
- Session 2: April 28 - May 25
- Session 3: May 26 - June 22
- No class on May 26 and May 27
Fees are adjusted for no-class dates: call 949-724-6610 or visit irvinequickreg.org for details.
Choose the "Tennis" category
to find the class you want
We suggest starting off with instructional classes and adding workout classes as your game improves. Class levels may be combined as the instructor may utilize two or more courts. More info: email@example.com, 949-724-6617
Click Here for 10 & Under Classes
- BEGINNER (B): First-time players have fun learning the basic grips, strokes and scoring. NTRP level 2.0/2.5
- ADVANCED BEGINNER (AB): Can hit forehands, backhands, volleys, serves and keep score. Work on overheads, lobs, control and consistency. NTRP level 3.0/3.5
- INTERMEDIATE (I): Can rally and serve well during match situations. Work on strategy and placement. Jr. Team Tennis/Satellite Tournament players. NTRP level 3.5
- **INTERMEDIATE ADVANCED (I/A): Must have consistent and competitive playing experience. Work on spin, drop shots, passing shots, footwork and games. Jr. Team Tennis/Satellite Tournament players. NTRP level 4.0.
- **ADVANCED (A): For experienced players with focus on conditioning, drills and match play to improve mental toughness and physical skills. Jr. Team Tennis/Open Tournament players. NTRP level 4.5.
**For advanced players only; need Instructor approval prior to enrolling.
- ATTIRE: Wear athletic attire and non-marking tennis shoes (no running shoes)
- BRING: Tennis racquet (instructor provides tennis balls)
- WEATHER: If the courts are wet from rain at the time of the class, the class will be canceled. Rained-out classes will be made up at the end of the session or per instructor’s availability.
- MAKE-UPS: No make-ups for classes missed by the student; fees are not prorated
- LANGUAGES: Lessons/Programs are available in these languages:
- Chinese – Di
- Spanish – Alex & Juan
- Korean – Tae
- Japanese - Minako
- Tagalog - Dianne
Group tennis lessons are available on most tennis courts throughout the City of Irvine. To find tennis classes, go to irvinequickreg.org, click on Activities, then Tennis and Racquet Sports on the navigation bar. For additional help, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 949-724-6617.
Click here for Tennis Camp information
To see City of Irvine Tennis in Action, click here