|Harvard Skate Park|
14701 Harvard Avenue (Located at Harvard Park)
Irvine CA 92606
This park combines a positive environment with a high quality facility. The facility is operated by qualified, experienced, customer service driven staff that truly care about each kid who visits the park. The Harvard Skate Park is a place where respect and responsibility is a basic expectation of skaters, staff and spectators. The City of Irvine and the Harvard Skate Park work hard to promote building strong kids, families and communities.
The Grand Opening for the Harvard Skate Park was held on June 17, 2000. The Skate Park was opened after a lot of hard work from the contractor, the Architect, Purkiss-Rose, RSI and a group of local skaters excited to see a skate park built here in Irvine. This group of local skaters was involved from the very beginning... gaining council support all the way through the designing of the features.
The park has many features...the Pyramid, the Spine, the Bowl, Rails, lights for night skating, picnic tables, restrooms and bleachers for spectators.
So... come out and join the fun! Stop by the park today and give it a ride.
SKATE PARK HOURS:
School Year Hours
Monday through Friday 2:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Saturdays 10:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Sundays 12:00 noon - 8:00 p.m.
Furlough Days/Holiday and Summer Hours
Monday through Saturday 10:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Sunday 12:00 noon - 8:00 p.m.
Skate Park Closure Days
Holidays New Years Day
Fourth of July
Rules and Code of Conduct
- No person shall skate or skateboard at times other than the posted hours of operation.
- Skating adjacent to the skate facility is prohibited.
- All skaters must wear the proper safety equipment including a helmet, elbow pads, and kneepads designed for skateboard and in-line skating use.
- No additional obstacles or materials permitted within the skate facility.
- No portable / personal stereos and no headphones.
- Spectators not permitted within the skate facility.
- No graffiti or tagging permitted.
- No glass containers.
- All trash must be put in trash receptacles provided or be removed from the park.
- No weapons.
- Only skateboards and in-line skates permitted. Bicycles and scooters are not allowed.
- No skating during rain or during wet conditions.
- No tobacco, alcohol, drug use or profanity is allowed.
- Being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs is prohibited.
- Skateboarding and in-line skating are determined to be hazardous recreation activities. The City of Irvine will not be liable for injuries pursuant to California Health and Safety Code §115800 and §115800.1.
- Failure to comply with posted regulations may result in a citation. I.M.C. 3-4-112
Programs and Special Events
Harvard Skate Park can be reserved for private party uses only on Week days from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturdays from 8 a. m. to 10 a.m., Sundays from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
$30 per hour for up to 15 participants, $45 per hour for up to 30 participants. (30 participant maximum allowed for private parties)
For more information call 949-724-6830