|Teach a Contract Class for the Community|
Do you have a talent to share or a love for teaching?
Report a problem with this page
|The City of Irvine's Community Services program is always looking for quality, dedicated instructors to offer a variety of porgram to our residents and surrounding community.
The best contract instructor candidates are individuals who combine a sincere interest in community service with a desire to supplement their existing income.
The standard City split for contract classes is 50/50 when class is held at a City facility or as defined by contract.
Additional requirements may include:
- City of Irvine Business License
- Fingerprinting through the Irvine Police Department
- Insurance (levels depends to class type/risk)
Due to print deadlines and internal vetting processes, applications must be submitted approximately 9 months in advance. Please review the timelines below.
Activity Guide Edition
|Date Range Courses Held
|Summer Camps in 2015
||Late June-Early September 2015
|Summer Classes 2015
||July to mid-September 2015
||TBA (online listings only) Check back February 1
||Mid-September to December 2015
||April 1, 2015
||January 2016-March 2016
||June 15, 2015
||April 2016-June 2016
||September 1, 2015
|Summer Camps in 2016
||June 2016-August 2016
||September 1, 2015
Please review these tips before submitting an application:
For more information, please review our Contract Instructor FAQ section.
- Review the current Inside Irvine to see if your proposed class is alreay being offered. Click here to view online or pick up a copy at a City facility.
- If a similar program is being offered, how is your's different? Can it be modified to meet a need that is currently not being met?
- Please note that workshops and classes cannot be designed to sell or recommend products from your business or promote your consulting services.
- Due to the volume of previous applications, we are not currently accepting applicants interested in teaching contract classes in the following subjects: martial arts, finance, life coaching, yoga, and soccer.
To apply to be a contract instructor, please click here, search under "Parks and Recreation".
14651 Yale Avenue
Irvine, CA 92604
email Contract Class Coordinator