|Since 1980 the Irvine Fine Arts Center has been a meeting place where people enjoy, create and learn about art through a variety of programs including exhibitions, classes and special events. Serving as a focal point of artistic and cultural expression, the Fine Arts Center fulfills its mission of integrating arts into the daily lives of people through programs that contribute to the growth and development of cultural life in the community. |
The Fine Arts Center hosts six visual arts exhibitions each year including two annual shows: the High School Art Show and
All Media Art Competition.
Exhibitions focus on contemporary art in a range of styles and media including drawing, painting, sculpture, photography, mixed media, metals, ceramics, printmaking, fiber arts and more. Artwork may be part of multidisciplinary projects that explore ideas or concepts relevant to our times and of interest to the community. During the application review process, the Exhibition Committee strives for a varied yet balanced exhibition program from year to year.
The Exhibition Committee will adhere to the following selection criteria in determining the annual exhibition schedule.
• Artistic excellence including the quality and uniqueness of the artwork
• Original artwork, not reproductions or copies of other artist’s work
• Clarity of the exhibition concept
• Art themes that reflect local and regional community interests
• Artwork created by Fine Arts Center instructors and studio artists
• Artwork created by local and regional school students
• Artwork representing a cultural tradition, including cross-cultural explorations by artists of many cultures
• Artwork representing a variety of art styles and genres such as drawing, painting, ceramics, sculpture, jewelry,
printmaking, fiber arts, site-specific installation and more; that lead to a balanced program overall
• Artwork not previously exhibited at the Fine Arts Center
• Artwork with subject matter, form and materials suitable for a community art center
• Artwork that meets space and logistical requirements of the facility
The Fine Arts Center Exhibition Committee screens applications for exhibitions once per year. The Exhibition Curator collects applications through the end of September. The Exhibition Committee screens applications in January. Accepted artists are notified by the Exhibition Curator by the end of April.
Deadline to submit applications for the July 2014-June 2015 exhibition schedule: September 30, 2013
Deadline to submit applications for the July 2015-June 2016 exhibition schedule: September 30, 2014
The Irvine Fine Arts Center books exhibitions a year and a half in advance. If you would like to submit your work for future exhibition, please follow the instructions below. Please note: submission is for review only, not a guarantee of an exhibition.
Please submit your artwork and EXHIBITION APPLICATION via internet by sending your website information and link to
IFAC Exhibitions. You will need to send your resume by mail if it is not on your website.
OR; you may submit a non-returnable digital CD with jpg images of your work, labeled and identified by name, along with a resume or contact information sheet and EXHIBITION APPLICATION to:
Irvine Fine Arts Center
C/O Exhibition Program
14321 Yale Avenue
Irvine, California 92604-1901
The Fine Arts Center will contact you if your work has been selected for a future exhibition. Thank you.
Loan & Contract Agreements
Lender must complete BOTH forms completely and sign (click here for pdf forms).
All files are in PDF format. You will need to have the Acrobat Reader installed to be able to download the Loan and Contract Agreements. Click on the button to get the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.