| || |
The Public Works Parks and Landscape Maintenance Division maintains approximately 63,000 trees in the City's parks, greenbelts, street landscapes, residential villages and eucalyptus windrows.
The City's trees are maintained on a regular schedule through the services of private contractors. Maintenance service levels are consistent from village to village and include service requests and emergency response.
All pruning performed on City maintained trees meet International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) pruning standards, and is performed under the direct supervision of an ISA Certified Arborist.
For questions, comments or service requests regarding the maintenance of the trees, please contact Public Works Landscape Maintenance Supervisor, Keith Byers at
(949) 724-7621 or email@example.com
Pruning frequencies generally are as follows:
- Park and street landscape trees are pruned on six-year cycles
- Residential parkway street trees are pruned on a four-year cycle
- Eucalyptus windrow trees are pruned on a two-year cycle (Beginning in 2005)
- Some trees within each grouping are pruned more frequently due to location or tree type
Tree Pruning Schedule
To view or download the Current Maintenance Schedule above, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer. Click the "Get Acrobat Reader" logo to obtain a free copy of the software. After the one-time download, you will be able to view and print any of the PDF documents contained in the City of Irvine Web Site.
| || |