The City of Irvine and the Orange County Transportation Authority have made safety the top priority for the Sand Canyon Undercrossing Project. Please follow these safety tips in the construction area:
- Slow down and watch for construction workers, heavy equipment, children, pedestrians, bicyclists and distracted drivers.
- Allow extra time to get to work, school or appointments.
- Tell customers and visitors in advance about construction work and detours.
- Be extra careful when driving at night and in rainy weather.
- Immediately report to the police any suspicious activity or children playing within the construction site.
- Avoid mobile phones or other distractions when driving through this area.
- Watch for lane closures and follow detours.
- Be patient. Please remember that this is a short-term inconvenience for a long-term solution to traffic congestion.