|Ad Hoc State Veterans Cemetery Committee|
On March 11, 2014, the Irvine City Council adopted Resolution No. 14-27, which, in part, supports the passage of AB 1453 to establish a Southern California Veterans Cemetery in Orange County and expressed the City Council’s interest in providing land to develop a State veterans cemetery. Subsequently, the City Council voted to establish an Ad Hoc State Veterans Cemetery Committee.
The Irvine Ad Hoc State Veterans Cemetery Committee was formed to evaluate potential sites for a State veteran’s cemetery and to develop and provide recommendations to the City Council. The Ad Hoc Committee was also tasked to discuss affordable housing opportunities for military veterans.
City Manager’s Office
- Steven Choi, Mayor
- Jeffrey Lalloway, Mayor Pro Tem
- Bill Cook, Chairperson, Orange County Veterans Memorial Park Committee
- Isabelle Krasney, Chairperson, Orange County Veterans Employment Committee
- Stephen Jorgensen, Assistant Deputy Secretary, Veterans Memorials & Cemeteries,
California Department of Veterans Affairs
- Five Point Communities Management, Inc. Representative (Representative to be determined)
Meeting dates will be determined by the Ad Hoc State Veterans Cemetery Committee. The public is welcome to attend.
- Friday, July 25 - CANCELED
Click to view Agendas (including presentations) and Minutes.
(Agendas will be posted as each meeting date nears. Minutes will be posted following approval.)
Email Interest List to Receive Agenda Notifications
To receive email notifications when meeting agenda packets are available for this Ad Hoc Committee, please email Katie Sipes at firstname.lastname@example.org.