|Parking Citation Process|
If you have received a parking citation from the City of Irvine you have two options.
- To make payment of the parking citation – Click Here
- You can appeal a parking citation – Click Here
- For Parking Citations FAQs – Click Here
- For a "Request for Parking Citation Review" form - Click Here
You may pay your citation by Mail
Follow the instructions on the back of your copy of the parking citation.Within twenty-one (21) days you must pay the parking fine or be subject to late charges and DMV registration hold.Fine May be Sent by Mail.Make a check or money order payable to City of Irvine and Mail using the envelope provided.Do Not Send Cash. If you lost the envelope, please send payment to:
City of Irvine
c/o Parking Citation Service Center
P.O. Box 11923
Santa Ana, CA 92711
Please write your citation number on your payment.
You may pay your citation online with a credit card
You can appeal a parking citation
On July 1, 1993, California Assembly bill 408 decriminalized parking violations in the Sate of California.The court system no longer hears cased regarding parking citations issued by the City of Irvine or any other enforcement agency.The process for appealing a parking citation consists of three levels of review.
First Level Review
The first level of review must be made within twenty one (21) days of violation or within ten (10) days of the mailing of the Notice of Delinquent Parking Violation.For recorded parking review information please call 1-866-453-3603.You may obtain a request for administrative review form at the front desk of the Irvine Police Department or by downloading the form.(Click for form) and mailing the form to:
City of Irvine
c/o parking Citation Service Center
PO Box 11923
Santa Ana, CA 92711
- First Level Review requests are informal, written statements, outlining why the citation should be dismissed, including copies of related documentation.There is no cost for an administrative review.
- Your appeal will be reviewed by a parking citation review officer who will determine the validity of your appeal in accordance with the provisions of parking enforcement policy and state law. A written response will be sent to appellant after receipt of the administrative review form.
- Certain violations, such as those written for parking in a fire lane or in a disabled parking space without a permit, WILL NOT be waived.
Second Level Review
If you have a contested a citation and your request to cancel the citation has been denied you may contest the first level review ruling of the Citation Review Officer before a Hearing Examiner.This hearing may be conducted in person or by written application, at the election of the appellant. The Second Level Review – administrative hearing must be postmarked within 15 days of the notification mailing of the results of the administrative review. To schedule an administrative hearing or for additional information please call 1-866-453-3603.
- Second Level Administrative Hearings are conducted by an independent referee who will review the administrative file, amendments, and/or testimonial material provided by the appellant and may conduct further investigation or follow-up on their own.
- State law requires the appellant to pay the original penalty of the parking citation prior to the hearing.
- State law allows one continuance of the hearing.
Third Level Review
If you disagree with the verdict of the Hearing Examiner, you may file a civil case with the local court. You must file your case within 30 days of the Examiner's verdict and pay all fees required by the court. If the court decides in your favor, any and all penalties, including court fees, will be refunded to you when the city receives written judgment. If judgment is in favor of the City of Irvine the action is ended and all penalties are forfeited.
If you have any questions regarding filing a civil case, please contact Harbor Municipal Court at (949) 476-4699.