A message from the Irvine Police Department
Hurricane Sandy is a reminder that disasters can strike at any time. To help residents stay connected to the City of Irvine for important information and updates during a disaster, please try the following communication methods:
iAlert is the City's mass notification system to provide residents with time-sensitive information during a disaster. Go online to register your home, cell and work phones and to customize your account to receive phone, text or email messages or messages through hearing impaired receiving devices. iAlert is a critical component of Irvine's emergency communications.
1640AM is the City's radio station, which is used to provide information to those in and around the Irvine area. Be sure to have your car radio and emergency radio pre-programmed to this station.
City of Irvine Website (cityofirvine.org)
The City will post updates as soon as possible in the event of an emergency.
Many times when a disaster causes phone service to be disrupted, the Internet is still working. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter to receive updates and information.
ICTV Cox Channel 30
ICTV is the City's television station that allows us to provide information to those with Cox Cable in and around the Irvine area.
In addition to staying connected, it is important for residents to be prepared at home and work. Below is a starter emergency preparedness checklist. Customize your checklist to meet your family's individual needs.
- Water (one gallon per day, per person)
- Non-perishable food (3-day supply for evacuation, 2-week supply for home)
- A plan to communicate with your family
- A designated meeting location for your family/loved ones
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- First aid kit and medications (2-week supply)
- Cell phones with chargers
- Multipurpose tool, duct tape, tool kit and scissors
- Sanitation and personal hygiene items
- Copies of personal documents
- Family and emergency contact information/card
- Emergency blankets
- Extra cash in $1 and $5 denominations
- Baby supplies; games/activities for children
- Pet supplies
- Miscellaneous: two-way radios, extra keys to car and house and a manual can opener
For more information or if you have questions about emergency management, please contact Lt. Bill Whalen at 949-724-7117 or email@example.com