Updated as of Thursday, March 06, 2014
Derrick S. def. Michael C.
Masato M. def. Michael C.
Masato M. def. Derick S.
Matt G. def. Derick S.
Mike C. def. Alexei P.
Masato M def. Michael C.
Alexei P. def. Derick S.
Masato M. def. Alexei P.
To register for the Winter 2014 ladder, click here.
The Winter 2014 adult ladder has been extended one week.
Adult players of all levels improve quickly by playing matches in this Pyramid Ladder format. The ladder includes a tournament, clinic, awards and prizes. Matches can be played anywhere in Irvine, but limited guaranteed court times can be coordinated through Coach Jon.
The match format is an eight game pro-set with no-ad scoring and a 12 point tiebreaker played at 7-7.
Players can pick up to one level up and challenge one of the players. Next, the players need to decide the time and place for the match. Guaranteed court times can be coordinated through Coach Jon, but players can coordinate time and location on their own. All matches must be played in Irvine. The challenger is responsible for bringing the tennis balls. If the challenger wins, he or she will move up one level and the player challenged will drop down one level. If the challenger loses, then both players stay at the same position.
After the match is over, the both players need to report the score to Coach Jon by e-mail. If the score is not reported within two days of the completed match, the match will not count. Ladder will be posted onto the City website.
· If Player A makes a challenge and plays Player B, Player A has to wait two days to make a new challenge. Player A has to accept a challenge within the two day time frame. Player B can now challenge someone else or accept a challenge. Player B can deny a challenge within the two day time period after being challenged.
· Coach Jon must be notified of all matches played.
· Players can only be in the process of one challenge at a time.
· A player who is challenged cannot reject the challenge for any reason except if they are within the two day time period after being challenged, as listed above. (EX: Medical, school, out of town, etc.)
· If you feel someone is not abiding by the challenge rules, contact Coach Jon.
· If there are any disputes, contact Coach Jon via e-mail. If you disagree with her ruling, contact Steve Riggs, whose ruling is final.
· For help with the interpretation of the rules, please contact Steve Riggs.
*Rules subject to change without prior notice
Jon Moody – firstname.lastname@example.org – 949-526-5776
Tennis Program Coordinator
Steve Riggs – email@example.com – 949-724-6617